Guard dog: ⭐⭐⭐
- Huggy is a Shepherd Labrit cross and he has certain character traits of this race - he is friendly and protective.
Huggy gets on with other dogs but not cats (note that a test at the refuge does not confirm anything). Huggy has not had contact with children, and we prefer a family with children used to dogs, who would give him his space and are old enough to understand him.
- He is an intelligent, loyal, lively dog keen to please. He keeps an eye on things and would make a good guard dog. He is also very playful.
- He will need a master/mistress experienced with dogs, who knows how to manage and train him. Being as intelligent as he is he can be stubborn! Patience would be needed in his training as well as a firm hand mixed with kindness.
- This race usually prefers life in the countryside but it can adapt to a more urban life if he is not left alone for long periods and he receives the physical activity he needs.
- Come and meet him and/or contact us for more information.